Curally Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was last updated on October 20, 2022.
Curally has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
The following statement discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site, as well as our philosophy and practices with respect to personal information.
As an organization committed to the advancement of health for individuals and organizations, we want to give you the comfort and confidence you need to fully participate in our product & service offerings.
Toward that end, we have identified the following points as critical to maintaining our internet site.
- Adequate notice of our practices with respect to personal information.
- Choices about how the personally identifiable information that you provide us may be used.
- The ability to easily update or correct the personally identifiable information that you provide us.
- Protection of personally identifiable information from loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration.
- Providing multiple methods of contact for you to share your opinions and concerns about our practices with respect to privacy of personal information.
Notice with respect to information practices.
To maximize the value of our services, we may request information from you when you visit our Web site or use our services. When we collect information from you, we’ll tell you what is being collected, how it is collected, by whom it is being collected, why it is being collected and to whom it may be disclosed. We identify the information that is necessary to fulfill your request. Whenever we ask for additional or optional information, we identify those fields appropriately so that you know what is required to provide the requested service.
When you register/activate your membership, we request certain personally identifiable information, including your name, address, phone number, Fax number, URL, e-mail address and company name. We may use this information to send you our newsletter and communicate with you about other matters that we believe you will find useful.
We may also use this information to communicate with you with respect to special offers available to active members. In addition, under certain circumstances we may share limited contact information with selected third parties such as selected online service providers, so that they may provide you with information about special offers we believe will interest our members.
Automatically Collected Data: Cookies
When you interact with Curally through our web site or by use of our products or services, we receive and store certain information, which is collected using cookies and log data as described below:
In operating the web site, we use "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our web site gives to your browser when you access the web site. These cookies help provide additional functionality to the web site and help us analyze web site usage more accurately. In particular:
- Our web site may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the web site without needing enter a password more than once during a visit to the web site;
You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our web site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at the following link:
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
To find out more about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies and similar technologies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Web Site Usage Data
Our web site keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from, as well as the IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. We use this data to better understand Web site usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our Web site users prefer.
This log information is not linked to personally identifiable information gathered elsewhere on the site.
Required and Optional Information Fields
We identify the information that is necessary to fulfill your request. Whenever we ask for additional or optional information, we identify those fields appropriately so that you know what is required to provide the requested service.
On occasion we will outsource the completion of certain processes to third parties.
It may be necessary to share certain of your personal information to those third parties.
For example, if our newsletter is delivered through a third-party e-mail service, it will be necessary to supply that third party with your e-mail address.
All affiliates and service providers are required to conform to our privacy standards and allow us to audit them for compliance. Service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for purposes other than to act on our behalf.
Data Collection from Children
Our products & services are not designed to appeal to children. Therefore, we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
If we plan to make significant changes to any of our privacy policies or practices with respect to how we use personally identifiable information, we’ll post those changes to the Curally Web site 30 days before they take effect.
In some cases we may be required to disclose certain information to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant.
Choices about use of your personally identifiable information
You have the opportunity to tell us you do not want us to use or share the personal information for purposes other than fulfilling your request. We will provide you the opportunity to opt-out of secondary uses of personal information you provide us.
Simply notify us during the information collection process or contact us via email at email@example.com
Update or corrections of personal information
We provide you the opportunity to update or correct your personal information online firstname.lastname@example.org
Protection of personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration
We employ industry recognized security safeguards to help protect the personal information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration. Whenever we prompt you to transmit sensitive information, we support encryption of your data as it is transmitted to us.
We work to protect personally identifiable information stored on the site’s servers from unauthorized access using industry standard computer security products, such as firewalls, as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. All employees must review and sign a written statement of these practices, which include limiting access to sensitive information to those employees who require such information and enforcing strict password protocols for all employees. We review the adequacy of our security measures on a regular basis.
Method of contact regarding privacy concerns
Additional Information for California Residents
This section supplements our privacy statement to provide California residents with the information needed to exercise their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Selling Your Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold any categories of personal information.
Rights of California Residents
Pursuant to the CCPA, California residents have the right to submit requests for Access, Deletion, and Opt-Out, as set forth below, to Curally. To submit these requests, please email email@example.com.
Curally is prohibited from discriminating in any way in response to your exercise of any of these rights. This means we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Offer a product enhancement or financial incentive that is contingent on you sharing personal information, unless that incentive is reasonably related to the value provided to us by that collection.
To ensure personal information security and prevent fraudulent requests, we may need to collect personal information and other information such as your name, email, or transaction history to verify your identity. Any authorized agents making requests on your behalf need to provide similar information for verification.
You have a right to request Curally provide you with the following information, covering the 12 months preceding the date your request is submitted.
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information collected about you
- The categories of sources of the personal information collected about you
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties to whom we sold your personal information
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose
You have the right to request Curally to delete the personal information collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Even though we do not sell your personal information, you have the right to request that Curally not sell your personal information. To exercise that right, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form on our Do Not Sell My Private Information page.